Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Handmade Apron

Back in February, we were blessed to have my sister-in-law, Margo, and niece, Emerson, come for a visit from Virginia. What a sweet time we had relaxing, catching up, comparing our baby bellies (they're having a little boy a few weeks before us) and watching our children play together. A few days into the visit, our sister-in-law, Megan, joined in on the fun!

In anticipation of their visit and as a belated Christmas gift, I made this apron for Emerson out of 2 dish towels, binding and ric-rac. I didn't follow a pattern, but guessed at the length and shape...of course, I had Isaac as my "model" during the sewing process. Sewing this little apron, before we found out we were having a girl, stirred up a wave of emotions inside me. It is exciting to know that I can make cute little things for my daughter someday and not just make them to give away. I have a hard time thinking of "boy" things to sew...other than manly art smocks and super hero capes.

Emerson modeling her apron...she awful sweet!!!

1 comment:

jillian said...

I love this apron!