The first love letter will go to Ashley from Hairzoo. I think this is my favorite haircut ever! LOVE IT! It's a bob without the dog ears and poof. Of course, this love story wouldn't be complete without also writing one to my sister-in-law, Margo, who introduced me to the straightening iron. Which then probably means I need to write another love letter to Revlon as well... Goofy picture, I know...I took it :o) !!!
The next love letter will be written to the inventor of the Jam Thumbprint Cookie. I don't know who invented these cookies, so the obvious person to write the letter to is my friend, Carole, who shared this recipe on her blog last Christmas season. (Atleast I am fairly certain it was her...if not, then let me know who you are so I can write YOU a love letter!) Oh, buttery, walnuty, strawberry goodness!!! Be still my heart!
Jam Thumbprint Cookies
2/3 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 egg yolks (save the whites)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 & 1/2 c. flour
2 slightly beaten egg whites (saved from above)
1 c. finely chopped walnuts
1/3 - 1/2 c. jam, your choice of flavor
1. Grease cookie sheet. (I used a well-seasoned stone, so I didn't need to grease...)
2. Beat egg yolk, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
3. Add flour. Mix well.
4. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
5. Shape into 1 inch balls. (I used my smallest Pampered Chef cookie scoop...so easy!) Roll balls in egg whites, then in walnuts.
6. Place on cookie sheet. Press thumb into center of each ball to make room for jam.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Cool and fill with jam before serving.