Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PANtastic Idea

I love banana bread. It's probably one of my favorite baked goods besides chocolate chip cookies. I use non-stick metal pans that recently have been shedding their non-stick coating into our food. Thinking that this is probably not the safest thing to ingest, I was in a dilemma of what to do. It bothers me to throw something out that still has usefulness. The pans still work...so...

If you have pans like these and you'd rather spend money on books for your kids...


Line your pans with tin foil...Bake as usual, remembering to set the temperature 25 degrees lower for dark metal pans...


Lift lovely, tasty, to-die-for banana bread (these have walnuts and chocolate chips) out of pans and remove foil...


Put pan back in cabinet...extra bonus...no clean up!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

carole said...

We just made banana bread this morning! I put parchment paper in lengthwise - so just the short ends were exposed (because my pan situation is similar) and it worked great as well.