Sunday, September 21, 2008

Psalm 131

"My heart is not proud, O Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore."

Psalm 131


I have tried to fix it on my own...
I have begged and pleaded and cried...
I have talk to people who have answers...
I have talked to people who don't have answers...
I have made a plan...
I have tried to control...
I have made my heart's desire known...
I have presented my case to the Lord and He has heard me...

So now...
I will wait...
I will quiet my soul...
I will listen for His voice...
I will beg and plead on behalf of others instead of myself...
I will hope and trust...
I will enjoy and love...
I will believe and have faith in His plan...
I will patiently and quietly wait...
I will wait...

No comments: