Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First Tooth Fairy Visit

As if celebrating his sixth birthday weren't enough, Elijah lost his first baby tooth on Monday, the 10th, after two weeks or so of knowing that it was getting loose. This is a momentous event...moving into a new stage and feeling more grown up because of it. The big question this past summer was, "When will I loose my first baby tooth?" "Soon, Eli. Soon." All of a sudden we are here!

All day long he walked around with a huge grin on his face, poking his tongue into the new hole, anxious to show his friends at our homeschool group. Now his question is, "Can you see my adult tooth coming in yet?" "Soon, Eli. Soon." I have to admit, I'm a little scared about the adult teeth. Have you seen the size of Mike's and my teeth??? The orthodontist is going to love our family...narrow jaw, big teeth! What a winning combo!

The tooth fairy did visit our house. I wasn't sure that she would but if she did, it was guaranteed to be an exchange of one tooth for one quarter. Well, the tooth fairy's husband visited because the tooth fairy was already asleep and exchanged one tooth for one dollar! I'm sure in the future, the Farwell children will pray that the tooth fairy husband visits each time a tooth is lost. Let's think about this...20 baby teeth/child x $1.oo x 3 children (maybe more) x orthodontia... the tooth fairy team may end up in the poor house.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Hurrah! That's the same tooth (well, same tooth position) that Millie lost, and he looks just as thrilled as she was.

I did the Tooth Fairy Math, too, and then explained to Millie that she only gets the BIG gift for the first tooth because it's extra special. Otherwise, we'd be bankrupt by the time Susannah started!