Monday, October 19, 2009

Mary Poppins


From Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers

"If you are looking for Number Seventeen - and it is more than likely that you will be, for this book is all about that particular house - you will very soon find it. To begin with it is the smallest house in the Lane. And besides that, it is the only one that is rather dilapidated and needs a coat of paint. But Mr. Banks, who owns it, said to Mrs. Banks that she could have either a nice, clean, comfortable house or four children. But not both, for he couldn't afford it.

And after Mrs. Banks had given the matter some consideration she came to the conclusion that she would rather have Jane, who was the eldest, and Michael, who came next, and John and Barbara, who were twins and came last of all. So it was settled..."

Like Mrs. Banks, I'd take my four lovies a million times over than the biggest, nicest house on the block...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What a sweet post! My sentiments exactly. And a great picture too. Thanks for posting about your blog on FB. I headed over to check it out again. I see you combined your school blog to this one. I loved your ideas in your school one, is there a way to still get there, or no? If not, I am sure you will have many more good ideas I can read in the future, haha.
BTW, I love your new header!
:)
Laurie