Friday, June 25, 2010

Strawberry Jam

We pick and freeze strawberries every summer, but this year I decided to try making strawberry jam, too. It's easy! And yummy!


Picking strawberries with Sadie was a bit of a challenge as she was putting everything in her mouth while sitting in the row. You should have seen the red dribbles all over her chin! (Of course, I forgot my camera!) Needless to say, I didn't pick as much as I would have liked, so we bought some pre-picked, too.


Lots of helpers to hull and smash the strawberries...and several hours later, cute little jelly jars cooling on the counter to enjoy throughout the year.


The remaining strawberries have mostly been eaten...gotta get back to the patch to get our freezer stocked!!!

1 comment:

jillian said...

We did jam last week too and was so much fun. missing you!