Sunday, September 5, 2010

Doll Making

My first attempt at making a doll is proving to be lots of fun and quite easy, too! My dear friend, Linda, and I are going to make these dolls for our girls for Christmas. Shh...don't tell! We're hoping they turn out quite similar to these precious (but expensive) dolls!

Love this book...just ordered it on a whim for a pattern that I thought looked like the dolls we love! It is really designed for beginner level doll making which describes me perfectly. There are several other patterns that I would like to try at some point.



I'm combining the "best" parts of two different patterns and using scrap materials to make the first prototype. From there, we will be able to customize each doll for each sweet girl - from eye color, to hair color and style, to dress fabric. I've got to figure out how to make iron-on transfers for the girl's names and scripture patches.


If it were up to me, I'd name all of Sadie's dolls...Clementine, Marilla, Ida Mae, Josephine, Mabel, Tallulah...

No comments: