Sunday, October 7, 2012

Labor of Love

I was joking with Linda on Saturday that while I wasn't laboring to deliver our little man, I was still performing a labor of love...
 
We're still waiting for our little man to make his appearance - some days with grace, many days without.  Please help me, Lord, to choose the right attitude while I wait!  We're 40 weeks, 3 days today...that impossible time when we suddenly have no date to fall back on...  Oh, well, one way or another, he should be in our arms by the end of this week... 
 
Anyhow, I spent some time laboring in the kitchen and prepping food to provide for meals for our family.  A labor of love because it can be tiring and time consuming and because I love to provide my family with healthy, nutritious food...
 
 
 
18 cups of butternut and acorn squash baked, scooped, mushed, bagged, and frozen... (Veggies are from our church garden.)  All ready looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner!  


4 dozen banana muffins - three kinds: plain, chocolate chip, and walnut - to suit the varied preferences of my gang.  I don't typically bake or cook to individual tastes.  But for me, the only walnut lover, it's totally worth it at times!  My usual mantra at meal times goes as follows, "This is what I made for dinner, so please eat, and don't complain.  Maybe tomorrow we'll have something you like better..."


Roasting tomatoes, onion, and garlic for homemade tomato soup.  I've decided this is one of my new favorite soup recipes...fresh tomato flavor, slightly chunky, mmm...garlic - more than the recipe calls for!  The recipe doesn't instruct you to roast the onion and garlic, however, that's what I did this time...oh, the lovely smell wafting from my kitchen.  Drooling.  I'll do it this way again!  The down side...my kids still prefer Campbell's canned soup...but I'll convert them before too long...at least that's the plan!  For now, it just means more soup for Mike and I to enjoy!  He, he!
 
I'm headed in for an ultrasound tomorrow to check baby - be sure he's head down (he's still floating around pretty high), get a guesstimate of his weight (in my experience, those estimates are never accurate and have always given me higher weights than reality), and check fluid levels.  Looking forward to seeing his cute little smushed face...

No comments: