Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Sweet Echo

We love to sing. Recently, it's become a bedtime ritual with everyone piled onto the single bed in Isaac's room, laying in the dark and singing our hearts out. The usual repertoire includes, but certainly isn't limited to, Blessed Be Your Name, Jesus Loves Me, Fishers of Men, The Twelve Disciples, Old McDonald, Row Your Boat, My God is so Big, The Cares Chorus, etc.

After singing with everyone, I get the privilege of cuddling Isaac and singing a little longer. He's always been our cuddly boy and loves his special time with mama. As soon as a song gets close to the end he sits up and starts signing and saying, "Mow, Mow, Mow" (more, more, more!). Isaac would be totally on board with cuddling mama all night if I was into bed sharing or co-sleeping, whatever it's called.

When we are singing, Isaac is usually clapping, rocking, moving, dancing, cuddling, or saying, "AAAAHHHHH!" The past few nights, though, he's been trying to sing with me. I try to end our cuddle time with a quiet song and have been using The Cares Chorus. While I am singing, I have a sweet echo in my ear followed by little giggles both from me and Isaac. I wish you could hear it...he's so serious when he's singing praises to God...and so sweet!

Mama: I cast all my cares upon You.
Isaac: YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (you).

Mama: I lay all of my burdens down at your feet.
Isaac: AAAAAAAAAA (lay).....EEEEEEEEEEEEETT (feet).

Mama: And anytime, I don't know what to do...
Isaac: NOOOOOOO (know)....DUUUUUUUUU (do).

Mama: I will cast all my cares upon You.
Isaac: YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (you).

No comments: